The Magic of Winter in Highland Perthshire
We love our amazing Highland Perthshire environment all year round! Here, amongst the forests, lochs and mountains, the changing seasons are so visible.
This time of year though, as Christmas approaches, there are many special opportunities to take advantage of – let us share with you here five magical things to do in Winter!
1) Enjoy one of our superb WinterWatch Safaris where you can travel in comfort and safety in one of our 4X4’s to a sub arctic world, seeking out the arctic hare, the Golden Eagle and the elusive Red Deer. Marvel at the sparkling mountain vistas as you enjoy a reviving Dram in one of our cosy Mountain Bothies!
2) Visit Dewars World of Whisky nearby, one of the most popular Distilleries in the area, and a consistent winner of Best Visitor Attraction Awards! Learn more about how the Water of Life is made!
3) The newly opened Grandtully Hotel in the hamlet of Grandtully just outside Aberfeldy is attracting acclaim, and is well worth a visit. Run by the team behind Ballintaggart Farm, it’s a showcase for locally sourced produce.
4) If you’re feeling energetic in the crisp air, or perhaps to walk off a big breakfast, why not walk the legendary Birks of Aberfeldy, immortalised by Robert Burns in one of his most famous poems!
5) And finally come and meet our Red Deer, Britain’s largest land mammal, and a truly beautiful creature to get up close and personal with. In our Red Deer Centre, you can feed, photograph and stroke them, learning more about their fascinating life cycle. Top it all off with a warming Hot Chocolate by our roaring peat fire! #cooriein
To purchase a Highland Safaris gift voucher, an ideal festive gift, click here
To book a Winterwatch Safari, click here
To book the Red Deer Centre at Highland Safaris click hereBack to Blog Page